DaMuMuShan Ride


Pingtung County
18 Jan 2009

After having my Giant Trance XO setup since Oct 08, I finally had the chance to unleash it in Taiwan, Pingtung County. On Sunday 18 Jan 2009 together with 6 more bikers from the Formosan Serow Biking Club we set off to exlpore the mountain what they called 母山 or in google map DaMu Mu Shan about 2424mtrs high.


Picture from fserow2006

After arriving from Kaohsiung city, we stopped at Chemu village at around 1020am and set off conquering the mountains with our MTB. At around 3km mark during the climb I lost sight of the group. It was my hardest and longest climb I ever did. The 9.5km road climb took me almost 2.5hrs...Gooosh!! The pain on my old knee injury was really bad and at some point I wanted to give up. Slowly and surely I push myself until around the 9.5km mark, the boys showed up coming down....Grr. They told me further up the route was even stepper and there was no way getting across to Ta-mu-mu shan. So we end up back tracking downhill. According to my GPS there is another 4.6km before we reached Ta-mu-mu Shan but from reserch on google earth, about another 1km distance away there was a previous big land slide had covered the path. Oh well........

While getting down the group decided to de-tour an off beaten path which they thought it might lead to a resort. My Giant Trance finally have a real taste of downhill off road. The 8km off beaten path downhill was great, the path most fill with loose rocks was finally shaking the Trance up. With 5" travel both front, back and WTB DNA Weirwolf tires, the suspension was taking every second beating and the tries were griping madly from the track. Dust and small rocks were flying off the tries and by the end of the downhill, both my hands felt numb after the wild ride....... 8km downhill..Woohoo!!
It was a great ride even though the climb was killing me. Like they always say, if you want a good downhill, first you have to climb....haha

Once again I like to thanks the boys from FSB club for allowing me to join them. At the rate these boys are riding, in no time would be climbing every mountain in Taiwan with ease....hehehe (dream on!!!)

enjoy the pics....




This is where an All-Mountain Bike should be..... in the mountains!!!


Photo courtesty of fserow2006

No comments: