小關山林道 Xiao Guan Mountain Trail

28 Mar 2010


It has been 9 long freaking months I have not ridden off-road. Finally I decided to join the bike club, first of this year for an off-road trail in Kaohsiung County. I must say my fitness is really "SHIT", just only the first kilometer uphill I was feeling the punch. The whole trail was supposed to be 32Km one way and mostly uphill till 2840km above sea level at the hiking entrance of Xiao Guan Mountain. Damn I only managed 18Km and at the time the guys were doing the return trip, I was almost 45mins behind them. Somehow I was informed the trail can only proceed till 23K marking and that was one can go as far.

Overall, this is one of the most nice trail I have rode in Taiwan. However there are few things you need to prepare before heading up. First you need to apply for a mountain entry permit which can be arranged at any Police station or I heard can be done Online as well. The other would be your ration and a wet gear. It can get chilly up there as your are head up the altitude. 


around 7K you will come to the first Police check point

at 14.5K you will meet another check point before you can proceed further





One thing you will enjoy most is the return trip....atleast 20km of down hill. Well I manage to enjoy 16Km.

Photo slide
FSBC Blog
Pentel photo slide

No comments: